The Modern Media Committee of the Rehoboth Christian School, Norwich was formed to generate awareness and provide guidance concerning modern media to our school and church communities. The committee has representation from each of the supporting churches who participate in the school.
Our goal is to instruct adults and children in the use of technology according to God’s Word and His commandments.
The RCS Media Committee started upon request from the school board, and while it is a school committee it has consistory representation and ultimately operates under the auspices of the Norwich NRC Consistory. The committee collaborates with the Modern Media Committees of other Netherlands Reformed Congregations who all seek to provide advice to our congregations regarding modern media and technology.
The committee mandate is as follows:
The purpose of the Modern Media and Technology Committee is to provide guidance and assistance to our local school and church community members in the discretionary use of, or restraint from, media and technology according to biblical standards.
- The committee shall maintain an up-to-date website providing resources on filters, social media, or other computer technologies.
- The committee shall provide recommendations to the school board and consistory on the use of specific forms of modern media
- The committee shall use a variety of means (presentations, newsletter articles, walk-in clinics, etc.) to inform and provide guidance to the community about modern media.
- The committee shall report to the RCS school board through the chair of the committee
- RCS school board member (committee chair)
- Norwich NRC consistory member
- 1 member of each of the supporting churches
- Minimum 2 members of the Norwich NRC (one member shall be the committee secretary)
- The committee shall meet a minimum of three times per year.
“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Ephesians 6:10